1) PS4 Game Dumps
According to an A9VG member, PS4 games can be dumped with a common PC Blu-Ray drive.
It seems that already a few games were dumped, inlcuding Killzone, Knack, Battlefield4 and AC4.
As soon as I get access to a disc or dump myself, I will do an analyse of the containing files.
For more details of the dumps, like game disc sizes and file structure please check out PS3Hax.
2) HDMI Fail
What happens if you force students to build your Next-Gen console under pressure? Well, they might return you faulty HDMI jacks.
IGN, Kotaku and many more individual users report that their PS4 video output stopped working. The console apparently is unusable for those who experienced it.
3) For those who already received a console
Sadly im still looking for a PS4 unit, if you can help me to get one contact me at email@example.com.
In case you got a unit for yourself, here are some examples of what has to be tested:
- Before powering up the unit for first time, make a 1:1 dump of the HDD
- Explore the HDD dump
- Dump a game disc
- Burn the dump to an empty BD
- Check if the PS4 recognizes the disc
- Check any files which can be transfered from PS4
- Savegames, etc
- Install a modified firmware
- Use my PS4FwTool
- Extract 2 firmwares
- Rebuild a new firmware based on both output
- Possible brick! Do at your own risk!
- Recovery menu should bring you back in case of faulty firmware, but only do this if you actually are aware of the risk and know what you do!
- Sniff anything
- Modify the Companion Tool (iOS/Android)
- Intercept game traffic between Companion Tool and PS4 game